As another year winds to a close, I’m reflecting on the things I love best about Decembers.
1. Fresh new unblemished file folders with crisp white labels ready for the year ahead. The bulky creased files from the waning year are in boxes.
2. Eating chocolate covered cherries, because December is the only time I can find them.
3. Seeing people smile when I say “See you next year!”
4. Evaluating the results of a whole year: looking for trends, patterns, and calculating year over year improvements.
5. Connecting with distant friends and family, because we all suddenly realized it has been a whole year since we saw each other or spoke.
5. Getting excited about celebrating my birthday (as of this post, just 7 days away)
What are your favourites?